Saturday, April 19, 2008

Friday Night

Tonight my husband's company had a Health and Wellness meeting. They just implemented a Health and Wellness program and are trying to do meet with all of the employees. Tim asked if I could go along since we generally spend Friday nights together. His boss graciously allowed me to attend, although I felt a little awkward since there were no others spouses or guests.

Shannon was the presenter, and my-oh-my is she fit! She teaches exercise classes at a local gym 6 to 7 days a week (in addidtion to working full time with Tim's company) and spends anywhere from $50 to $125 on vitamins and supplements a month! She is in her 50's and could pass for a 30 year old. I'm not sure, but I got the vibe that she is not married and does not have kids. She says that you can't put a price on your health, and I agree; but you also can't put on a price on time with your family.

She gave some good encouragement for regular exercise and healthy eating. After talking through the Health and Wellness program, we got to eat! I did have a light supper before I went, of course, but she had brought some black bean corn chips and salsa that I could eat.

Luckily the meeting only went until 7:30, so Tim and I went home, parked our bottoms on the couch to watch "Entrapment," and ate popcorn!

No comments: