Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Extra Income

This post is unrelated to eating gluten free, but it is related to being frugal/earning money. As I've mentioned before, I play percussion. I am a substitute for our local symphony. It is a great way to bring in a little extra income.

If you play an instrument, think about different ways you could earn money with that talent. Can you teach lessons? Can you play with a small group (quartet, quintet, etc.) and get gigs like weddings and parties? Can you join a large group in your area, like a symphony, orchestra, or city band that pays per gig? You could call around to see if any activities directors at nursing homes would pay you to play for their residents. You could contact hospitals and shopping centers to see if you could perform there and put out a little tip jar.

I love music; I love making music; I love sharing music. Think outside of the box to see if your passion could make you a little extra income.

No comments: