Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mac 'n' Cheese - Finally

I've finally come up with a Macaroni and Cheese recipe that I like! After having two failed attempts, I'm glad I stuck with it.


2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons rice flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
16 oz. Velveeta, cubed
16 oz. uncooked rice pasta

Prepare the rice pasta as directed on the package. Will that is cooking, melt the butter in a sauce pan or stock pot. Once it's completely melted, add the rice flour little by little while whisking to create a roux.




Then whisk in the milk. Once it's blended with the roux, add the seasonings. Then add the cheese and stir constantly until it's melted.




When the pasta is fully cooked, add it to the cheese sauce, and there you go!




Yummy!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi, my name is Jennifer. I just came across your blog and it is interesting. I was just curious if you eat gluten free by choice, or because of health issues? If you don't mind me asking that is!! Thanks!

Ames said...

MMM - yummy. Missed you last night :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody,
Good for you, Sarah!
Love Dad :-)