Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bean Dip

Tim and I had this for dinner on Monday. It also works great for parties. You can make it on a disposable aluminum pizza pan and just throw it out so you don't have to bring home a messy platter.

Bean Dip

1 can of gluten free refried beans
1 packet Ortega taco seasoning (it's gluten free)
shredded cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 medium onion, diced
black olives, lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, just about whatever you want
salsa

Since I was making this for dinner, I heated the beans up first. If I'm taking it somewhere, I just leave them cold.

Mix half of the seasoning packet into the beans. Spread out the beans on a platter or pizza pan. If the beans are warm, add the cheese next.


Mix the other half of the seasoning packet into the sour cream, and layer that on the beans.


Next, throw all of the veggies and stuff on top. Finish it off with salsa.


Serve with chips or toasted tortillas!

(Aren't those roses pretty? Tim got me three for our three year anniversary. He's the best! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good. It's making me hungry : )
I didn't know Ortega taco seasoning was gluten free. I use Mccormick ... their's seems to not have any additives or gluten in it according to the ingredients list.

Happy Anniversary!

Ames said...

So far I've ordered bumGenius one size - they're Jocelyn's favorite too :)