Thursday, September 4, 2008

Apple Cobbler

I made Apple Cobbler for our Sunday school party on Labor Day, but unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of it. Here’s my recipe:

Apple Cobbler

6 medium apples, peeled and sliced
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice

Topping:
¾ cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown rice flour
¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
½ tablespoon cinnamon

Grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Arrange the apple slices in the pan. Mix together the sugar, 1 T. cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, and pour evenly over the apples.

Mix together the topping ingredients until crumbly. Spread over the apples.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!


Thanks to Gluten Free Kay for the inspiration for the topping!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yum!!!! I love apple anything!!!

Carrie said...

PS... i think you sent your cricket to our house... we had two behind the washer last night!! lol

Gluten free Kay said...

And I have to thank Betty Crocker for the inspiration. I've been making the apple crisp from her big red cookbook since I was old enough to hold a paring knife.

My neighbors with the apple trees gave me permission to pick some, so I'll be making one for myself soon. They have four or five different varieties. One is called Black Twig and it tastes tangy like Jonathon. Love 'em!

And you should try Carrie's Apple Oatmeal bars. De-Lish!