Friday, September 5, 2008

Ode to Autumn

On Tuesday morning it was 90 degrees out, and by 5:30 in the evening, it was 70 degrees. Today I think the high was probably around 62 degrees. What a rapid and drastic change! Autumn is definitely coming soon, if she’s not here already.

I’ve always loved Fall. I love wearing hooded sweatshirts and slippers. I love the changing of the leaves; not so much the raking of the leaves, but the colors are beautiful. I love cuddling with my hubby in bed under four blankets and slowly warming up.

I love making chili and other soups and stews. I love baking hearty muffins and making popcorn. I love anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas and planning traditional holiday meals. I’m already thinking about what to make for Thanksgiving.

Fall is such a special time of year. I’m excited for it to come.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I completely AGree with you!! FAll is my favorite time of year!

Jen D said...

Tag--you're it...see my blog.

Meli n Pat said...

Love Fall! Even in Alaska where the summers are so sadly short, I love the fall colors and general feel of the season.