Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cheeseburger Bake


Doesn't that look good? It was really tasty. Growing up with gluten, I used to love it when we would have a Bisquick cheeseburger bake. I missed it when I went gluten free.

Then I found a great recipe in Bette Hagman's "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy." Sorry, again I won't give you the full recipe. But I will say that it is very easy. A few months ago I made up the "Bisquick-type" mix, and whenever I want this meal, I just whip it together!

I put ground turkey, onions, and frozen veggies in mine. The recipe calls for adding milk and eggs to the mix. Unfortunately this time I was all out of milk and only had a few leftover egg yolks. Luckily I always have milk powder around for gluten free baking, and I actually had powdered egg whites as well. So I tried using those instead.

The bake turned out just fine, surprisingly enough!

Remember now; tomorrow is Gluten Free Friday, and I'll be continuing my basics series.

No comments: