Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Encouragement

Every once in a while, I'll be talking with someone and the fact that I eat gluten free will come up. Invariably, they'll say something like, "Wow; that must be really hard!" I tell them that it really isn't as hard as they'd imagine, it's just a matter of what you get used to. I'm used to not eating "regular" bread and fried foods. I actually like my rice bread that I make. I'm making a loaf on Thursday so I'll post a few pictures of it. I like rice noodles, a lot. My husband and I eat rice noodles with parmesan cheese for breakfast every Thursday, and besides French toast, it's probably my favorite breakfast. I like baking things from scratch when I have time. Besides a few difficulties in eating at restaurants, I'm doing quite fine.

So, if you are struggling with eating gf, please hang in there; it really does get better!

No comments: