Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Famous Dave's

Well, tonight we went to Famous Dave's for dinner. It was very tasty, let me tell ya! I called ahead to be sure that they could accommodate a gluten free diet. They were a bit brusque on the phone, but they assured me that the manager would be able to help me when I came in.

I asked our waitress, DeNicca, about the gluten free options. She was very nice and told me that she'd have the manager look them up for me. A few minutes later the manager came out and gave me a print out of some of the menu items with their ingredient lists and common allergens. He said that when I put in my order, he would go back to the kitchen to ensure that it was gluten free for me. I thought that was a very nice gesture on his part.

I ordered the baked chicken with corn on the cob and fries. Of course, to be truly gluten free, I probably should not have ordered fries. I just couldn't resist myself, though. I love those thick cut fries! Luckily they don't seem to bother me.

All in all, my hubby and I had a great experience at Famous Dave's. The food was great and the staff were helpful and polite.

No comments: