Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekly Menu - Leftovers

I've decided not to go grocery shopping this week. Well, at least not for dinner stuff. I think I will pick up some fruit and a few things for lunch, but this week's grocery bill should hopefully be small.

Tim helped me put together a dinner menu with whatever was left in our cupboards. Here's what we came up with:
  • Sunday dinner - Baked potatoes with yummy toppings
  • Monday - Split pea soup
  • Tuesday - Burritos with homemade refried beans
  • Wednesday - Breakfast (pancakes, eggs, turkey bacon)
  • Thursday - Chicken soup
  • Friday - Pizza

On Saturday we'll go grocery shopping after breakfast so we'll be set for next week. Yeah for saving almost a week's worth of grocery money!

Check out OrgJunkie for more menu ideas.

Hey, also check out Cooking, Illustrated for more gluten free menus!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

What an accomplishment! We're trying that for a few nights this week, too. I hope to see a difference in the wallet. ;) I'm impressed, because you still have a nice menu planned. Good for you.

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the comment Sharon. I hope to see you back here. I'll put up my split pea soup recipe tomorrow (Tuesday) if you want to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm intrigued by your "baked potato with yummy toppings..." What yummy toppings might that be, I wonder? :D I have a gluten-free blog as well- come on over sometime!

-sea
http://www.bookofyum.com