Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Split Pea Chowder

I know, I know. This picture does not look all that edible. But, I dare you to find a really yummy-looking picture of split pea soup! There may be one out there, but with my rudimentary photography skills, I could not put it off.

I'm still sharing this with you because this soup is so delicious, it doesn't matter what it looks like! Tim and I had it for dinner last night, and then again for breakfast this morning because we liked it so much.

Split Pea Chowder

16 oz. dried Split Peas
2 medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium Onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced Garlic
4 cups Chicken Broth
2 cups Water
1 cup Milk (skim works fine)
S & P to taste

Soak the dried peas overnight. Drain and rinse peas. In a large pot, combine all ingredients except the milk. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low for 1 hour. Add the milk and bring back up to serving temperature. Enjoy!

No comments: