Friday, May 9, 2008

My Bread

Carrie and Anonymous both asked about the bread recipe that I posted. In the post, there is a link, but I'll give it to you here as well. It's called Imporoved Basic Bread from Mike Jones.

Since it gives an option of which flours to use, Carrie wanted to know what I used. In my photos I used 3 cups of Gourmet Blend (2 cups white rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, and 1/3 cup tapioca four). I've also tried Mike's Mixture C: 2 cups white rice flour and 1 cup brown rice flour.

This last time I made my bread I used an altered Gourmet Blend. Instead of 2 cups white rice flour I used 1 cup white rice flour and 1 cup brown rice flour. This last loaf turned out really great. I make just have to always make it that way.

Thanks for the good questions!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

thanks sarah! I will have to try that out! I usually try to add whole grains to all of my gulten free baking, but I know that in doing that, you often don't get that nice squishy bread that I miss! I'll have to try this occasionally for that yummy squishy bread!!

Carrie said...

hi sarah~! I'm going to try this bread today! i'll let you know how it turns out! ;-)