Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gluten Free Friday, Day 5

(You know that you're having a busy week when you don't even realize that you missed your weekly post until the next day! Sorry about that!)

Well, continuing with my weekly Gluten Free Basics series, today I'm going to talk about an aspect of eating gluten free that helps you maintain some normalcy in your life.

I don't know your situation, but in my family, I eat gf and my hubby doesn't. But, rarely do I make two seperate meals. It helps me to stay gluten free, and keeps my stress levels down, when I can make a gluten free meal that my whole family can enjoy.

Check out our menu and you'll see that I make "normal" food. I try to not make eating gluten free too complicated. I make foods that are naturally gluten free and foods that we can both enjoy.

There is one gluten-filled meal that Tim still wants to have from time to time: Mac'n'Cheese. So on occasion, I'll make Mac'n'Cheese for Tim and rice noodles for myself. But besides that, I cook one breakfast and one dinner (we pack our lunches). It helps me to not go crazy to just make one meal for the both of us.

What gluten free meals do you make that are so good, your gluten-eating friends and family can't tell the diiference?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great info! It's really helpful.

Tim