Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fruit Salad

My friend Jess bought a butter braid bread loaf from our church youth fundraiser. It was Strawberry and Cream Cheese flavored. That sparked my imagination: I had strawberries and cream cheese in my fridge at home. What fun and tasty concoction could I come up with?

I didn't measure anything out, just flew by the seat of my pants. While I pureed about 4 large strawberries, milk, and a little sugar in the blender, I soaked my package of Neufchatel, still in its foil, in some warm water. I then beat the strawberry mixture and cream cheese together with my hand mixer.

After adding in some fruit, I got this wonderful fruit salad!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love simple recipes like this! I'm hoping to get some more strawberries this weekend! I'll have to make some!!

Sarah said...

Carrie,
We actually used the "strawberry cream cheese" to spread on crepes before I made it into the fruit salad. That was really good, too!