Sunday, June 15, 2008

Strawberry Muffins

I hate to share this, but I made these muffins on Thursday, and they're all gone now! But, I did bring a few to my neighbors, so Tim and I didn't eat them all.

Strawberry Muffins
1 cup sorghum flour (or quinoa flour)
1 cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup turbinado sugar (or regular)

1 1/2 cup mashed strawberries (a few less than 16 oz.)
3 eggs
2/3 cup canola oil

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the muffin tins (grease or line). I then used a food chopper to pulverize the strawberries. Mix together the dry ingredients. In a seperate bowl, mix together the three wet ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients to the the wet and blend. Do not overmix. Fill the muffin tins and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

I must give credit to my mom, since I adapted this recipe from her great banana muffin recipe. Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody,
I'm a bluberry muffin fan. I'll bet those muffins will taste good with blueberry's in them or any favorite fruit for that matter. Love Dad :-)