Friday, June 13, 2008

Pot Roast Soup

I'm back on-line! I've survived (so far) the infamous floods of 2008, and I'm none the worse for it. Just loosing my internet for a few days is nothing compared to completed and utterly losing everything you own! I am very blessed. Check out my friend Amy's blog for some incredible pictures of the flood.


Here's a picture of my Pot Roast Soup. I made pot roast in the crock pot on Wednesday. Now, pot roast is definitely a treat at my house. We do not have it very often at all. My mom was planning on visiting this week, but decided, wisely, not to come because of the flooding. We had gotten the roast to have with her. (Sorry you missed it Mom!)

I just throw my roast and veggies in the crost pot and let it cook all day. Then I make gravy from the drippings using rice flour. Then, I take the leftovers, add a little beef broth to the gravy, and have soup the next day! And yes, that is garlic toast next to my soup. What a great dinner!

We even had leftover soup for breakfast this morning. Yum!

No comments: