Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life

I'm sorry I've been such a putz this week! I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday!

Well, this whole week has gone like that: I have clean clothes folded and sitting smartly right on the living room floor (for a few days!), I haven't clippped my coupons from last Sunday (and now it's almost Sunday again!), and my toilet is beginning to get a ring around it! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

I don't like having weeks like this, were every second of my time is scheduled. Here's Wednesday for ya: I got up and went to work, I had to leave work right on time to run to church to pracitce for my solo on Sunday, I then had to be done practicing at a specific time in order to get home and make dinner so we could get to city band practice on time, then leave city band practice early to go to church band practice, and then go home at 10:30 and bake my bread that's been rising since 6:30. 11:45 rolls around, and we finally get to go to bed. (I do realize that I probably shouldn't have let my bread rise that long since it has eggs in it, but I haven't gotten sick yet!)

So, that was one day from my week. With gorcery shopping on Tuesday, city band concert on Thursday, and bringing dinner to a couple from our church who just had a baby on Friday and then going to our friends' house after that, it makes for a busy week. All pretty much fun things, but put them all together, and I get overwhelmed!

I haven't been cooking anything really worth mentioning. Here's my menu for the week. It's pretty much basic food. Hopefully next week I can try some more daring entrees. I am going to try mac'n'cheese again since I have half a block of Velveeta in my fridge still. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your patience this week. Next week doesn't seem to be shaping up any better, but I'll work on getting some posts up in the morning. I think I'll put up one about French toast! Yummy!

No comments: