Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mexican Lasagna

This is what we had for dinner last night, and for breakfast and lunch today! Just before lunch time today, I realized that I didn't have enough eggs for my hamburger bake (which I was totally looking forward to), and I didn't have enough time to make either of my crockpot meals that I had planned for this weekend. We'll have one of them tomorrow, at least.

Mexican Lasagna

1 can diced tomatos
about 10 corn tortillas
1 tub ricotta cheese
1 can refried beans
1 lb. hamburger or ground turkey
1 onion, diced
1 can prepared black beans
frozen corn

1 cup shredded cheese
taco seasoning (I used Ortega)

Brown the meat and onions, and then add the taco seasoning, following the directions on the packet. Layer the ingredients in a 9x13 dish in the order they are listed in the ingredient list, starting with the tomatos. Use only half of each ingredient. After adding the corn, create all the layers again, using the rest of each of the ingredients. Add the shredded cheese on top. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

3 comments:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Yum! I love anything Mexican.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
This does look very good and I live in Dallas! Love, Dad :-)

Anonymous said...

I make something so similar, but I use flour tortillas (my preference) and cottage cheese. It is so good!

Jen
http://www.listplanit.com