Friday, June 27, 2008

Breakfast


One of our favorite breakfasts is French toast. I have many memories of waking up when I was a little girl and going into the kitchen. My dad would be dressed for work and making a few pieces of French toast for his breakfast. I think that must be where I get my love for it from.

French Toast

6 pieces of bread
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk or non-dairy sub
Cinnamon

Whisk together the eggs and milk. Dunk the bread pieces into the mixture and arrange on a preheated and oiled griddle or frying pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cook on both sides until light brown.

In the picture above, I had dipped some egg slices in the batter and tossed them in the pan. I then put a tiny dollop of butter on each piece and covered it with cinnamon. I just cooked them right along side the French toast until they were soft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody,
In fact I had some french toast just this morning. I'm still a french toast-aholic. I could eat it three meals a day!
Love Dad :-)