Saturday, November 8, 2008

Frito Bars!


Here’s that frito bar recipe I promised. I made them for our election party on Tuesday, and they were just about finished off. Luckily I saved one for a picture!

I’m sure I got this recipe from somewhere, but I couldn’t find it anywhere online, so sorry I’m not giving credit for it.

Frito Bars

10.5 to 12 oz. bag of frito corn chips
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
Chocolate chips to top, at least 1 cup

Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Crunch up the chips in the bag and spread them in the bottom of the pan.

In a medium saucepan, bring the Karo syrup to a boil. Add the sugar and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. (Don’t you love dissolving sugar in sugar!) Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter.

Pour over the chips and mix together. Melt the chocolate chips and spread over the top of the bars. Cool, and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody,
Yumm-O. Anything with chocolate on it taste's even better.
Love, Dad :-)

Rachel said...

Hope you're feeling better soon after your dental adventures. Man, these Fritos Bars look decadent. You should submit them to the Peanut Butter Boy's latest peanut butter recipe roundup. They contain all the important food groups: chocolate, Fritos and peanut butter!