Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth o' July and Spinach Frittata

One would imagine that I should have more time to do blogging on the weekend. While this might normally be true, this past weekend, even though it was longer than average, buzzed by in a flash!

On the Fourth we had some friends over and grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. We had cherry cobbler a la mode for dessert. We played croquet and our friends' 4-year-old son "won." Honestly, he really did do a good job. Then we made s'mores around our fire pit. I just used some chocolate chip cookies instead of graham crackers. They were yummy!

With the kids' bedtime rapidly approaching, our friends went home (they live a minute and a half away). Tim and I followed them over a few minutes later and once the kids were sleeping, we played Hand and Foot (card game) until midnight! It was a very nice day.

On Saturday, Tim and I tackled a project that's been on the back burner for a few weeks: painting the living room. That literally took up the whole day. And most of Sunday besides church time.

So here's Monday morning rolling around again and I have all these great ideas for posts! Let's start with our dinner from last Wednesday: Spinach Frittata.


I sauted some onions and celery, and I thawed the frozen spinach (it was on sale at Hy-Vee!). Once the onions and celery were tender, I added black olives and the spinach. I then poured some beaten eggs over it all, covered it, and cooked it.

Tim and I both enjoyed it!

No comments: